The 10Gtek TAP Series is a family of high-density passive fiber optical network TAPs which require no power source to operate. By splitting the light optically, the TAP Series enables network operators to passively monitor full duplex fiber optic links without impacting network traffic. Up to 18 full duplex links can be tapped in a 1RU space, allowing for more visibility with less space and lower costs.
The TAP Series is a modular platform with a 1RU rack-mountable chassis that holds up to 2 TAP modules. Each TAP module supports up to 9 1Gb/10Gb or 9 40Gb/100Gb network links, depending on the model. A combination of multimode (MM) and singlemode (SM) as well as 50/50, 60/40, 70/30, and 80/20 split ratios are available. The modularity not only provides flexibility in choosing link speed, fiber type, and split ratios, but also provides space for future growth of visibility for network security and performance monitoring.
Features & Benefits
- Monitor networks at line rate without impacting performance
- Passive optics: no power, no software, no configuration required
- High density, 1RU chassis conserves space and simplifies cabling
- Supports up to 18 full duplex links per chassis
- Thin-film technology provides ideal insertion loss for multimode fibers
- Supports 1Gb, 10Gb, 40Gb and 100Gb, singlemode and multimode